● 1 pack hormel pepperoni 6 oz
● ½ pound italian sausage
● 4 strips thick cut brown sugar bacon
● 1 cup minced mushrooms
● 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella
● 1 large brown egg
● 16 ounces of marinara sauce (will also be used for dipping)
● ¾ cup of warm water
● Instant yeast packet ¼ oz
● 1 ½ teaspoons salt
● 1 tablespoon olive oil
ADVERTISEMENT BY DELEON
- Pour warm water, instant yeast packet, flour and salt in mixing bowl. Mix with electronic mixer or spatula until dough forms a ball.
- Lightly flour clean surface for knead for 1-2 minutes shape into a ball.
- Drizzle olive oil at the bottom of a large bowl, add the dough turn over to coat the dough cover and let rest for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 425 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- While dough is rising cook sausage in a medium non stick pan until brown,5-6 minutes, add mushrooms, salt and pepper. Remove from heat allow to cool.
- Place strips of bacon on baking sheet with drainage pan to remove excess grease 6-7 minutes. Allow to cool and chop into bits for easier placement in calzone.
- After dough has risen cut into quarters, lightly flour clean surface and roll dough into ½ cm thick.
- Spread tablespoons of sauce over half of each dough round leaving ½ inch from the border. Top with ¼ cup Italian sausage and mushroom mixture, ¼ cup bacon, 6 pepperoni, 3 oz of mozzarella cheese.
- Lightly beat egg with a pinch of salt in separate bowl. Brush egg wash on the border of dough, fold dough in half to close bringing edges together. Start at one end fold dough over itself making a twist to ensure sauce and toppings are sealed inside. Transfer all calzones to baking sheet. Brush with egg wash slit a score at the top to let out steam.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, let cool for 4 minutes and serve with marinara sauce for dipping.