By: Desmonae Flowers ( ADASHOFDES)
These festive salads are good for Taco Tuesday, served as an appetizer or lunch as it is filling and healthy. The ingredients are layered for a new flavor in every bite.
|Preperation||Cook Time||Total Time||Servings|
|15 Min||32-36 Min||47-51 Min||6|
- 2 cups quinoa White or Tri-Colored (rinsed)
- 3 large ears of Corn
- 2 cans Black Beans
- 1 cup diced fire roasted tomatoes
- ⅓ cup diced red onions
- 1 lb. Jumbo Shrimp (peeled and devained)
- Cilantro for Garnish
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 cups of quacamole
- ½ cup Fresh ground black pepper and kosher salt mixed
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup Asiago Cheese
- 6 Small elevated bowls (Walmart, Party City or Dollar Tree)
- In a small saucepan bring two ½ cups of water to a boil. Add the quinoa, reduce heat and let simmer for 15 minutes until tender and most of the water will dissolve. Drain and let cool.
- In a cast iron skillet or flat top heat to 350 F and grill corn for 5-7 minutes on each side and let cool. Cut kernals off the cob.
- Place a pound of shrimp in 350 F cast iron skillet or on a flat top and grill until pink 7-8 and season with 2 tbsp of salt and pepper. Remove for heat
- In a small saucepan heat up beans on medium heat for 5-6 minutes and remove from heat.
- Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil and garlic in a pan on medium heat until garlic is aromatic 5-7 minutes. Toss shrimp in mixture.
- At the bottom of the elevated bowls place ⅓ cup of guacamole, next layer with ¼ cup of black beans, ¼ cup of corn, ⅓ cup of quinoa, the last layer will be a little of everything tsp of black beans, 1 tsp of corn, 1 tsp tomatoes, a dash of red onions, 4-5 shrimp, sprinkle with asiago cheese and lime juice. Garnish with cilantro.
For more recipes make sure to visit ADASHOFDES
WayToParent Magazine is always looking for new voices and empowering stories to add to our platform, If you have an inspiring, empowering, and educational story we’d love to hear from you. Contact us : firstname.lastname@example.org